SOFT TECHNOLOGY THAT HITS SCRAP HARD!
Supavent is a one-way vent that fits into venting holes in moulds. It replaces the need for other materials usually inserted in these holes and gives better, more consistent results.
The vent is made of a heat-resistant flexible polymer with a blind ended “dome”™ at one end, and an open-ended “mushroom”™ at the other. A carefully-designed slit down one side turns it into a one-way valve, enabling air to enter the mould but preventing it from leaving.
- Reduces scrap rate, cycle time and cost per production cycle
- Improves surface quality and finish
- Makes part-line blowholes a thing of the past
- Simple to use and install
- Gives repeatable results: because Supavent is a manufactured product designed specifically to fit into venting holes in moulds, its performance is consistent
- Does not restrict part shrinkage
- Easily incorporated into current pressurisation systems
- Repeatability—because Supavent never gets blocked the performance is the same every time
All this means that you produce better rotationally moulded parts cheaper and more easily.
|CSV13L||ø 13mm (1/2”) Supavent – long|
|CSV19L||ø 19mm (3/4") Supavent – long|
Supavent is larger than the normal diameter, and will fit snugly into a 13mm (1/2') or 19mm (3/4") hole.
- In a cast aluminium mould, simply drill a hole. In a sheet metal mould, or if converting a used mould, the placement hole may require a collar.
- Supavent performs better when located near a future that provides some protection from the powder movement or when used in a Technovent for larger shot weights.
- Insert the closed end of the tube trough the placement hole from the outside of the mould until the collar butts up against the outer wll of the mould.
The life expectancy of Supavent may be increased significantly in a PTFE (Teflon ®) collar.
For further information please visit La Plastecnica at www.laplastecnica.co.nz